Health Certificates & Travel

Health Certificate for Travel in the United States       

If you are traveling with your pet, check the requirements of the states of arrival and departure, and the requirements of your airline. They will often require a health certificate within a specified number of days before travel. If you are driving, check the requirements of each state you will be traveling through. Be sure to schedule an appointment within the required time frame, and a veterinarian at Central Animal Hospital will provide you with a domestic Health Certificate; provided your pet is in good health to travel.

International Health Certificate

If you are traveling with your pet outside of the United States, you must contact your airline and the consulate or embassy of the country of destination for the most updated requirements. The website of the United States Department of Agriculture is a great source of information . 

We do have doctors on staff that can provide a USDA Health Certificate. Be sure to allow yourself enough time to comply with the regulations of the country of destination, and enough time to schedule an appointment with one of the veterinarians who are certified to issue the certificate. In some cases, countries will require a Rabies titer, which may require additional time for blood test results. For travel to Hawaii and international destinations that are Rabies free zones, the titer testing and quarantine process takes up to 5 months. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you contact our office as soon as you begin planning your travels to any of these locations.

For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call us at 707-762-2693.


Find us on the map

Office Hours

Our Regular Schedule

Central Animal Hospital


8:00 am-6:00 pm


8:00 am-6:00 pm


8:00 am-6:00 pm


8:00 am-6:00 pm


8:00 am-6:00 pm


8:00 am-4:00 pm